Sunday, June 2, 2013

I was quite skeptical about this anime when I saw a few GIFs while I was browsing Google+ but when my overhyped friend spazzed about it on Twitter and the next day in school, I decided that I might as well try it out. I finished all eight episodes in one day and just finished watching the 9th episode.

I have only word to say.

Mindblown.

Shingeki no Kyojin is definitely taking an interesting route in its story, unconventional and with perhaps elements of typical heroes and heroines, but amazing and interesting nonetheless.

Also known as "Attack on Titan" ( which is, by the way, going viral and becoming a meme ), the anime explores the world 2000 years later when mankind has been pushed behind three walls and are on the brink of extinction. These walls, known as Wall Maria ( which is the outermost wall ), Wall Rose and Wall Sina protect the last of the human race from huge creatures called Titans. The Titans range from 3m to over 50m ( which is how high the wall is ) and eat humans, not because they need to eat humans to survive but because they find it a sport.

      "We are the prey and they are the hunters."

Eren, the main character, lived in a town located at the outermost Wall Maria, when mankind, after a hundred years of peace, is once again threatened by the Colossal Titan that makes an appearance. An Armoured Titan break through Wall Maria and the Titans rush in, killing off thousands of people. Eren witnesses his mother's death and vows to get revenge by exterminating the Titans along with his adopted sister, Mikasa, and childhood friend Armin.

The anime is most definitely not for the faint-hearted ( hint : GORE. BLOOD ) and if you like action, then this is a must-try. Also, there are subtle hints of one-sided romance. Eren and Mikasa are far from normal, having experienced traumatising things in their childhood. Armin, too, suffered the loss of his only family to the Titans.

The 9th episode has revealed some mindblowing things and I'm just resisting the urge to spoiler myself by reading the manga.

I won't go into detail about the episodes because that would totally ruin the fun.

So here are some pictures :3

{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. -Random Stranger Comment, Initiate!-
    Nice review of Shingeki no Kyojin. :) I'm behind in the Spring anime, so I've only just started watching it now (behind indeed...x'3.) But yes, that first episode was brutal. The show is so much fun though. The animation is spectacular, and it is a definite contender for the best show of Spring 2013.
    But anyhow I shall follow this blog from now on. ^^ I hope you continue to update. And on another note - are you watching any other shows from Spring 2013?
    /end of random stranger message
    --CS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found it nice >.< Don't worry, I'll try to update as much as possible ^_^ Yes, I'm watching Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% ( it's the second season ) for Spring 2013 and it's pretty much living up to my expectations, if not better.

    ReplyDelete

CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

- Copyright © 2013 『Code;Otaku』 - Hataraku Maou-sama! - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -